16-1 National Team / Panthers
Cost to Play on this team: $2700.00
This team will be coached by our Club Director, Michael Jordan. Coach “MJ” is also the Women's Head Coach at Columbia Basin College. He is the most highly credentialed coach in the State of Idaho and is the only HC in Idaho to hold a USAV CAP III and USAV High Performance Coaching Certification. The Panthers will compete in a total of seven to nine tournaments and at least two, possibly three of these will be National Qualifiers where these young athletes will gain valuable experience competing against other top teams from the Western half of the United States. They will also compete in Salt Lake City tournaments against top teams from the USAV Intermountain Region. The season will start with practices and workouts in December and will wrap up in in May.* The Panthers team will routinely practice three times per week, two hours per workout.
Tournament Package: In development pending the release of dates from tournament organizers. As noted below, we are projecting the following for the 16U National Team
There will be additional tournaments added as dates and locations become known.
December (away) / January (home) PLVBC Invitational Tournament
January, Eugene, Oregon. Matt Hartner Classic
February / Salt Lake City NUVA AAU
March / Denver, Colorado. The Colorado Crossroads National Qualifier
April / Reno “Far Western” USAV National Qualifier
May / Salt Lake City Utah District Championships
May / The Emerald City Classic, Seattle WA. or The Columbia Empire Championships, Corvallis Or.
* In the event that the team qualifies or chooses to compete in the 2019 USAV Junior National, all costs associated with this tournament would be additional.*
Included with fees:
- Airfare for the athlete to Denver Colorado and one additional travel tournament.
- Practice Facility fees
- As much as 140 hours of practice time over the course of the season, minimum of 110 hours.
- Tournament Fees
- Coaching salaries and costs.
- New jerseys.
- Customized Nike Warm Ups
- Customized Embroidered Back Pack
- Long sleeve warm up crew
- Practice t shirt
- Hotel Costs. This expense is variable and not all families travel. It is club policy that all athletes stay at the same property. Room blocks are reserved for the team and families to provide for the lowest rate possible. In the event that an athlete is traveling without parents, then accommodations will be arranged with another family or with other traveling athletes. Costs would then be split accordingly.
- Travel costs to tournament site. Athletes must make their own way to travel tournament sites, with the only exception noted above, regarding shared travel among teammates.
- AAU and USAV Registration Fees. The cost to register for AAU is $14.00 and USAV is $55.00 All National Qualifier tournaments are USAV and require USAV membership to participate. Contact the director or your coach for more information.